Friday, November 9, 2012

Holiday Posts and comment

                                                Happy Thanksgiving! 

I have decided that every holiday I am going to do a post about that holiday. Each one will have a fun craft, a book review, ( well, maybe not all the posts will have a book review ) and a recipe. Sorry I forgot to do a post about Halloween!

My aunt Tegan recently left a comment on my blog saying that she once went to Pompeii. I wrote a post about when I when to the Denver museum of Nature and Science and saw the A Day In Pompeii exhibit. I thought you'd think that would be interesting. Anyway, here is a post about Thanksgiving:




Turkey Presents: Make fun turkey shaped paper envelopes full of mini presents!

For paper Turkey envelopes, you will need:

Orange or yellow paper
a stapler
crayons
fake feathers
glue
Your hand

To make the envelopes, trace your hand on a piece of paper. Cut it out and repeat. Use your crayons to draw a turkey face on your paper thumbs. Glue  a fake feather on each of your other paper fingers. On the bottom of the paper hand, which is now a turkey, draw the feet. Then staple the two paper hands together, but don't staple the fingers together, because that is where you put the mini gifts.

Things to fill your paper turkeys with:

Rings
Bracelets
Stickers
Candies
Nuts
Crackers or pretzels
Mini cards
Tiny Origami Stars
Temporary Tattoos
Etc.

Thanksgiving mashed potatoes: Mashed potatoes is my favorite part of thanksgiving feasts, besides the pumpkin pie and stuffing!

Ingredients:
White potatoes
Butter or Ghee
Cream or coconut milk
Salt

Directions: Cook potatoes in oven. When they come out, mash them. (Of course!) Then add the other ingredients, and stir!







No comments:

Post a Comment